Friday, April 2, 2010

T-Minus 6 Hours!!!

Hello Readers -

So I must admit, this is the first time I'm blogging...and it's probably the most interesting thing ever: having the world read what's going on in my head.

Well at the moment, there are about a thousand and one things that are running through my head. Have I packed everything? Where's my passport? Plane tickets? Where can I find the nearest vacuum to pick up this mess on the floor I am currently sitting on?

Why am I freaking out so much, you ask. Well, in about 6 hours I will be on board a plane en route to Washington, DC from where I will switch over to a flight to Dubai, UAE. DUBAI!?!?! Yes, Dubai. Indiana University's Kelley School of Business chose me, and senior Cara Feighery, to make an 8 day trip to attend the Insight's Dubai Leadership Conference.

For more information, feel free to browse: http://dwc.hct.ac.ae/insight-dubai/home.html

This is the first time the Kelley School of Business, in conjunction with CIBER (Center for International Business Education and Research) is sending students to this conference, in efforts to provide international exposure and increase global awareness and leadership skills by discussing critical world issues.

I'm super excited to be in a new country and meet women, of my age, from all around the world. I hope that you will follow me on my journey over the course of the next 8 days, experiencing Dubai through my eyes, and those of Cara's.

But for now, I must return to packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment